Melt-Proof Summer Makeup
Melt-Proof Summer Face
Long, hot summer days are just around the corner! And as the temperatures rise, the phrase “less is more” couldn’t be more true. Just as the extra layers of clothes start to come off, the same trend should be applied to makeup. When you’re battling the heat and humidity, it’s hard to pull off a face full of makeup when sweat beads are forming on your skin and everything starts to look like a watercolor mess. Not pretty.
Below are some tips and tricks to staying gorgeous this summer with makeup that won’t melt!
1. BB Creams – These do-it-all wonders are absolute summer staples! Beauty balms like Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream - BB3 is a foundation, cover, concealer and sunscreen all packed into one take-anywhere tube that can easily be slipped into your beach tote, carry-on or purse. More importantly, it’s ultra lightweight so your skin can breathe.
2. Primers – This is one of the most crucial yet often skipped steps to ensuring your makeup lasts longer. Colorescience Skin-Brightening Primer SPF 20 – Line Tamer is a multifunctional formula that helps your makeup stay put while reducing the appearance of pores and wrinkles as well as nourishing, hydrating and protecting your skin from sun damage. If you’re craving color, there’s also a skin bronzing primer version, which provides similar benefits while giving you a golden glow that’s perfect for summer.
3. Setting Sprays – Not only do these products hold your makeup in place for a lasting flawless finish, they also keep your skin cool and refreshed in the sweltering heat! And since warmer weather tends to cause over-productive oil glands, we like Skindinavia’s No More Shine Makeup Finish because it helps control oil and shine while preventing streaking, smudging and running.
4. Waterproof Mascaras – Nothing’s scarier (and more unattractive) than a black eye caused by melting mascara. While we think lash enhancers like SmartLash Eyelash Enhancer are the way to go this summer, if you must wear mascara, make sure you opt for a waterproof one like Stila’s Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara. It resists sweat and clumps while creating dramatic length and fullness.
5. Waterproof Eyeliner – Again, we recommend going lighter in this department and defining your eyes using an angled brush and eyeshadow. However, if you choose to use eyeliner, reach for a waterproof one like Lorac 3-IN-1 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil – Ultra Black. The velvet texture glides on smoothly for total precision while resisting sweat and smudging.
6. Oil blotters/blotting powder – These shine zappers come in super convenient paper or powder form for touchups on the go. Blotting papers like the one by Mineral Fusion (made with abaca leaf and soft wood pulp) absorb excess oil to prevent makeup from smudging and smearing. CoverFX Matte FX Oil Absorbing Primer and Blotting Powder preps skin for lasting makeup application while helping to soak up excess oil for a fresh, shine-free finish.
Article posted 5/18/2012.
Copyright © 1999-2013 dermstore.com, Inc., All rights reserved.