The Awards season gave us plenty of hairstyle trends and red carpet hair inspirations to step up our work hairstyle game—from Old Hollywood waves to half-up half-down dos to classic buns. Here, we asked Julien Farel‘s style director Kevin Lee to show us how to recreate these looks if you only have a few minutes to work with.
1. Separate your hair’s front and back sections. Take a 1-inch section from the front and wrap it around your curling iron.
2. Repeat until all hair in front have been curled.
3. Take a flat brush and put under a section of hair and brush through (do this repeatedly until you’ve brushed all hair sections). Finish with hairspray to keep curls in place throughout the day (and night).
1. Start by applying Julien Farel Haircare Smooth Creme on dry hair. Then, take a small section of hair from the left side of your head, twist and pin.
2. Do the same on the right side. Use bobby pins to pin both sections together (make sure to pin downwards and hide pins within hair parts).
3. Finish with a few spritzes of hairspray to hold style.
1. On natural clean hair, use a small of Julien Farel’s Flexible Smoothing Balm and finger through hair while pulling it back. Take back of hair and do a low pony tail, leaving a few loose strands of hair in the front.
2. Twist the pony tail from top of head to end of pony tail and then push back hair on pony tail to create looser pony tail.
3. Take the tail and wrap around the pony tail itself forming a low bun and then pin around to hold it in place.