Models and celebs aren't the only ones who can have perfectly lined eyes, you can too! There's no need to hire a professional makeup artist to get them either, all it takes is the right products, the right techniques, and a little bit of practice. Read on to see what you need to create your signature look.
Tools: jane iredale
Liquid Eyeliner--available in five shades, these pigment-rich formulas use top-quality minerals to give you color that lasts all day.
1. Remove the brush and leave the bottle on the counter. You'll need your other hand to lift your brow so you can create a smooth canvas.
2. Start with a open eye. You heard us right, liquid eyeliner is easiest to apply when the eye is open, not closed or pulled taut. It ensures smoother lines.
3. If you feel shaky, try lining first with a matching shade of a jane iredale
Pencil Liner or Cream to Powder Liner.
4. Use short strokes to draw lines at the inside, middle, and outer corner of the upper lash line, then connect the sections.
5. If your eyes tend to droop, create a slight wing at the outer corner of the eye to create the illusion of wider, open eyes.
6. If you want a softer line, but still prefer to use the liquid liner, simply use a jane iredale
Detail Brush to soften and smudge the liner while it's wet.
Selecting & Applying Colors:
is the perfect accent for a neutral eye or it can be used to compliment the new spring eye shadows in teal and aquamarine, found in jane iredale
Azure PurePressed Triple Eye Shadow.
is great for darker complexions. Use it on the outer two-thirds of the upper lashes to draw attention to the eye. If you want more drama, line the eye with the Black jane iredale
Pencil or jane iredale
Black Plus Cream to Powder Eye Liner first, then draw a fine line with the Gold along the lashes.
is the perfect color choice for redheads. It accentuates fair skin and makes green and blues eyes pop! It's also great for anyone else who's looking to liven up boring browns. Line first with the jane iredale
Black/Brown Pencil or jane iredale
Black/Brown Plus Cream to Powder Eye Liner, then apply Copper to the lash line.