Anyone who’s ever tried making her own face mask at home knows it’s a tricky business. It’s messy, requires a lot of fruit-chopping and dish-washing, and doesn’t always end up with the right texture and consistency. Which is why we were so excited to try ORA’s highly rated Maskerade DUET Facial Steamer and Organic Mask Maker.
This one-of-a-kind device—no bigger than your trusty NutriBullet—is designed to let you create professional, spa-quality gel masks from fruits, vegetables, oils and other liquid ingredients. We love how quick and easy it was to use: just mix, pour, done! The best part? We got to pick our own ingredients right from our own kitchen—so we know they’re fresh, ripe and even organic if we want them to be! If, like us, you love making your own veggie juice and smoothies at home, this might interest you. Watch the video below to see what you can do with this mask maker.
Great for: Acne-Prone Skin
Why We Love This Recipe: If you’re struggling with acne, this is a good face mask recipe to try. Carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene, a skin-friendly pigment that your body converts into vitamin A. And as you know, vitamin A is an antioxidant that attacks free radicals that cause premature wrinkles and uneven skin tone. It is also helpful in repairing tissues. Honey is naturally antibacterial. It helps reduce swelling so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. Olive oil, on the other hand, with its rich fatty acid content, nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
20 ml Carrot Juice
5 ml Honey
10 drops Olive Oil
70 ml Distilled or Mineral Water
1 tablet Bioactive Collagen Peptide (comes with the device)
*Optional: Your Favorite Serum
Measuring Cup (there’s one that comes with the device, or you can use your own)
ORA Maskerade DUET Facial Steamer and Organic Mask Maker
1. Put the water, carrot juice, honey and olive oil in your measuring cup. Mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into the liquid compartment of the device.
3. Add 1 tablet of the Bioactive Collagen Peptide into the mixture and close the compartment. Make sure the the cover locks into place.
4. Optional step: For added benefits, add in a few drops of your favorite skin care serum.
5. Press the Mask-mode button to begin the mask-making process. Your mask should come out in the tray provided as liquid, and then solidify into a soft, gel-like concoction, in about 6 minutes.
Watch the video below to see it in action!
Note: The MasKerade Duet may only be used with liquid forms of fruits or vegetables, juices, viscous liquids such as yogurt or honey, and other liquid ingredients. DO NOT use any solid ingredients to make masks with the MasKerade Duet.
READERS—Do you have a favorite DIY face mask recipe? We’d love to hear it! Share it with us in the comments section below.