I’m a minimalist at heart, so I love experimenting in order to discover all the creative ways I can use just one or two of my favorite skin care formulations. It’s like that with the things you love—you want to weave them in throughout the day every way you can.
And, truly, whenever I’m asked which formulas I’d hope to have with me on that imaginary desert island, two so often come to mind: Bulgarian Rose Water and Quintessential Serum. Both are summer favorites, and because so many of us like to simplify come summertime, I thought I’d share a few of the more intriguing ways I’ve been using these two core formulas from the collection to enhance my daily routine without adding too much extra.
Bulgarian Rose Water is incredibly versatile, boasting effective rejuvenating properties and offering nurturing support on every level.
- Blend It In: Try mixing a spritz or two of Bulgarian Rose Water into your favorite treatment mask, letting it blend with the base so you benefit from both at the same time. I also like making a super-hydrating clay wash with Restorative Radiance Masque. And, as I recently discovered, you can even create a delightful honey wash by mixing a spritz of Bulgarian Rose Water with a little spoonful of raw local honey, a nutritive antibacterial cleanser. The scent alone is so supremely delicious, and the subtle treatment leaves the skin feeling lightly polished and soft afterward.
- Cool Down: Keep a travel-size bottle of Bulgarian Rose Water in your cooler when you spend a day outdoors or at the beach. A chilled spritz is so sweetly reviving and refreshing for everyone in the family.
- Lift Off: You can usually find a small bottle of Bulgarian Rose Water in my purse. Essence of rose is an ancient medicinal mood-elevator, recentering the heart and brightening your outlook. When the day is extra busy, it feels so good to slip away for a moment or two to dissolve energetic tensions and refocus on the positive with the help of a spritz or two.
And then there’s Quintessential Serum—my powerhouse serum, concentrating all the skin essentials into each drop. I use it every single day in so many different ways.
- Supercharge: Blend a potent drop or two of highly charged Quintessential Serum with your favorite moisturizing cream. It’s full of vital, active botanical extracts celebrated in ancient medicinal traditions for their anti-aging and regenerative properties, including pure essence of rose and frankincense.
- Go Dewy: Friends have told me that when they want to quickly retouch their makeup in the late afternoon or before going out, they simply skim a little drop of Quintessential Serum across the brow bone, cheekbone and along the jawline, bringing an instant freshness and a polished, healthy glow to the complexion.
- Tip to Top: Whenever I apply Quintessential Serum, I’m sure to run my fingertips along the cuticle line or along the tips of my hair in order to soak up every precious drop. The blend incorporates rose hip seed oil, which strengthens collagen and flawlessly bolsters the skin’s protective barrier.
I hope you’ll feel inspired to experiment widely and to follow your intuition, repurposing all your favorite formulas and finding a thousand new ways to enhance and reveal your own true beauty.