If you think your ever-reliable Harry Josh® Pro Tools Ceramic Styling Iron 1.25 Inch is just good for turning frizzy, unruly hair into sleek, manageable manes, think again! We’re here to show you that you can use your flat iron to create a variety of hairstyles—including perfectly tousled beach waves—with just a few easy-to-follow steps!
- Start the night before with damp (not wet) hair. Brush out any tangles or knots with a detangling brush.
- Apply a dollop of setting product from mid-shaft down.
TIP: For a shinier finish, use a leave-in conditioner or mousse. If you want more volume and texture, use a texturizing spray or a texturizing cream.
- Gather random sections of your hair and start braiding a few inches from the roots. Secure each end with an elastic band. Once all sections of your hair have been braided, let it dry for a few minutes, then sleep on it.
TIP: For a messy, chunkier look, keep the sizes of your braid irregular.
- As soon as you wake up the next morning, run your flat iron over each braid for about 5 to 10 seconds. Gently flip the ends of each braid to make the waves flow better.
- Once your hair has cooled, unravel each braid. Use your fingers to gently loosen up each strand.
- Finish the look with a few spritzes of medium-hold hairspray.
READERS – Do you use a different trick to create beach waves at home? What hair tool do you use? Share it with us on the comments section below.