Skip to main content

Seborrheic dermatitis

Writer and expert13 years ago
View dermstore-editors's profile
Q I am 15 and after searching the net I have self diagnosed myself with Seborrheic dermatitis, it is affecting around my nose and I have red pimples across my chest and a raised red flakey lump on my leg. Its not pleasant. I've dabbed tcp (disinfectant for cuts and grazes etc) on the areas. Should I go to the doctor? Is Seborrheic dermatitis a serious condition? many thanks xx

Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common skin condition. Depending on the individual and affected areas there are a number of treatments that are available. I would recommend consulting with a physician in your local area who may have a visual, properly diagnose your skin condition, and treat accordingly. In the meantime you can use a topical such as Summers Laboratories Cutar Emulsion to help control itching, redness and scaling. Best skin care wishes.

Writer and expert
View dermstore-editors's profile
From the latest hair and makeup trends to the best solutions for your skin issues, we've got all your beauty concerns covered!