What is the skin barrier and why do I need to protect it?
The skin barrier plays a crucial role in the skin’s overall health, function and appearance. However, environmental aggressors, sun exposure, genetics and even professional treatments can prevent the barrier from doing its job (at least temporarily). Maintaining skin moisture is one of its primary jobs, and a compromised barrier can lead to visible redness as well as fine lines and wrinkles that become more prominent due to dehydration.
Enter SkinCeuticals’ Phyto Corrective Essence Mist. Formulated to help strengthen the skin’s barrier and reduce visible redness, this hydrating botanical mist offers instant calming and flush-reduction that can be used anytime and anywhere.
Packed with 6.2% hyaluronic acid and glycerin to maximize skin moisture levels, plus SkinCeuticals’ botanical blend of cucumber, thyme, rosemary and olive leaf for skin soothing, this ultra-fine mist helps get imbalanced skin back on track while giving it a refreshing pick-me-up.
And because it’s SkinCeuticals, you know it’s backed by science — and these clinical results:
- Immediately reduces visible redness by 31% and increases hydration by 69%
- Increases hydration by 59% after one hour (even over makeup)
- Increases hydration by 35% after eight hours
Which skin types was this product formulated for?
Suitable for all skin types (including normal, oily, dry, combination, sensitive, aging and acne-prone), it’s not only easy to incorporate into your morning and evening skin care regimens, but we love spritzing it throughout the day as needed—including over makeup (we keep one at our desks). Even more, it’s safe and clinically proven to hydrate the skin and reduce visible redness after non-ablative laser treatments. All you have to do is shake, mist the entire face from six inches away and reapply as often as necessary.
It's important to note that Phyto Corrective Essence Mist isn’t a toner; it’s an essence. Tonersare usually part of your cleansing step and are used to balance skin pH and prime the skin for treatments that follow. Essences, however, are formulated to optimize hydration while delivering active ingredients to the skin and maximizing their absorption
How can I incorporate this product into a routine?
If your skin needs some extra TLC, pairing Phyto Corrective Essence Mist with Phyto Corrective Gel is your ultimate hydrating, skin-soothing and redness-reducing game- changer (and has saved our post-retinol skin). Here’s how SkinCeuticals recommends using both in your routine:
- Start with your favorite cleanser to gently yet effectively remove impurities and long-wear makeup while comforting all types of skin (including sensitive, compromised and post-procedure).
- A SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidant provides concern-specific environmental protection that every skin needs. Think C E Ferulic for fine lines and wrinkles, Phloretin CF for discoloration and Silymarin CF for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Phyto Corrective Essence Mist works to strengthen the skin’s barrier, hydrate and reduce visible redness—and can be used as needed throughout the day (even over makeup).
- Phyto Corrective Gelamplifies the benefits of Phyto Corrective Essence Mist.
- In the morning, complete your routine with the 100%-mineral Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50for broad-spectrum UV protection and an instant tone-evening glow.
Pro tip: Use the Phyto Corrective Masque two to three times a week or as needed to soothe and cool skin reactivity.
Depending on your skin concerns, you can customize this calming skincare regimen as needed. If you’re battling fine lines or other signs of skin aging, add the complexion-plumping benefits of Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2. Skin in need of balance will love the Phyto A+ Brightening Treatment, and those with dark spots, stubborn brown patches or post-acne marks can harness the tone-evening power of Discoloration Defense.